Susan’s primary area of practice is real estate, both residential and commercial. She covers purchase and sales, title work, leases, local and state permitting, zoning, closings and all else involved in a real estate transaction.
She works primarily in the Woodstock office but handles real estate transactions throughout the Upper Valley and elsewhere in Vermont.
Susan has lived and practiced law in the Upper Valley for over thirty years and, in addition to practicing law and raising a family in the area, has been involved in the community.
She also is an elected Justice of the Peace in Woodstock assisting with elections and other municipal tasks as well as performing the occasional wedding. Susan graduated from the University of Delaware and from Vermont Law School in 1984, with honors. She was admitted to the Vermont Bar in 1985 and is also admitted to the United States District Court for the District of Vermont.
Past and present Boards and Commissions include:
- District 3 Environmental Commission (appointed by Governor Dean and reappointed by Governors Douglas and Shumlin)
- Woodstock History Center
- Ottauquechee Community Partnership
- South Woodstock Fire Protection Association
- Vermont Law School
- Vermont Visiting Nurse Association
- Woodstock Ski Runners Educational Program
- Mertens House
- Woodstock School Fund
- The Homestead
- South Woodstock Community Club