Emily S. Davis
A founding member of the law firm and following almost four decades of general practice, Emily Davis is now of counsel to Davis Steadman Percy & Sluka.
Emily is limiting her practice to the preparation of prenuptial agreements; attorney-facilitated mediations and property division arbitrations in the area of family law; consultations on complex family law cases; ad hoc appointments as acting judge in Vermont; and similar professional activities.
Emily is no longer accepting clients for personal representation in litigation matters.
Associations, Activities, Awards and Recognitions (selected)
- Vermont Bar Association
President (1998-1999)Board of Managers (1993-2000)
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Collaborative Law Alliance of New Hampshire
- Appointment as Acting Judge in Family and Civil Divisions of Vermont Superior Court
- The Best Lawyers in America in Family Law – selected by peers for inclusion since 2015
- Vermont Supreme Court Oversight Committee for the Family Division (2000-2020)
- Spousal Support and Maintenance Task Force (for Vermont legislature) 2017-2018
- Vermont Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Rules for Family Proceedings (2004-2012)
- Vermont Citizens’ Justice Conference – co-chair (1998-1999)
- Vermont Supreme Court Commission on the Future of the Vermont’s Justice System (1998-1999)
- Vermont Bar Foundation, Board Member (1995-1998)
- Award: Vermont Supreme Court and Family Court Oversight Committee, for dedication and service to the Vermont Family Court
- Award: Vermont Volunteer’s Project for Pro Bono Service